Visit our LINK ABOVE for instructions and the submission form needed to request a product review and safety validation.
Check out our JUNE NEWSLETTER UPDATE: https://mailchi.mp/f74d20807a98/cornell-food-venture-center-newsletter-4889972
We provide assistance to ensure safety and stability of food products entering the marketplace including:
- Lab Analysis for pH, water activity, and Brix of food and beverage products
- Process Authority approval and Scheduled Process: Product Review, Documentation, and Process Validation
- Resources for Nutrition Analysis, Co-packers, Packaging Suppliers, Shelf-Life Studies, and More!
- Regulatory Compliance: Registration and Licensing with State and FDA agencies
- Small Scale Food Entrepreneurship: A Technical Guide for Food Ventures
- Better Process Control School: Necessary certification for Acidified and Low Acid Food manufacturers
- Presentations and workshops: Interested? Contact Shannon Prozeller
|Service||New York State Business||Non New York State Business|
|Client Registration||$30 one time fee||$55 one time fee|
|Laboratory Analysis Only||$25 per sample/per test||$38 per sample/per test|
|Analysis and Review Only||$40 per product||$75 per product|
|Scheduled Process||$85 per product||$150 per product|
|Scheduled Process version*||$40 per product||$75 per product|
|Scheduled Process for Meat||$135 per product||$220 per product|
|Scheduled Process Meat version*||$65 per product||$105 per product|
|Amendments||$40 per product||$75 per product|
|Vacuum Pack Letter/Hazard Analysis||$165 per product||$250 per product|
|Heat Penetration Study||$360 per product size||$600 per product size|
|Classification/Shelf Life Letter||$75 per product||$115 per product|
*Scheduled Process Versions are slight modifications to a formulation to create another product. Example: Mild Salsa and Hot Salsa
Our current turnaround time is about 4-6 weeks for processing. Expedited services are available for an additional fee upon request.