Visit the Cornell Food Venture Center Dropbox for instructions and submission forms to request a product review and safety validation.
Check out our June Newsletter Update!
Visit the Cornell Food Venture Center Fruit and Vegetable Processing Pilot Plant for your latest production prototype needs.
We provide assistance to ensure safety and stability of food products entering the marketplace including:
- Lab Analysis for pH, water activity, and Brix of food and beverage products
- Process Authority approval and Scheduled Process: Product Review, Documentation, and Process Validation
- Resources for Nutrition Analysis, Co-packers, Packaging Suppliers, Shelf-Life Studies, and More!
- Regulatory Compliance: Registration and Licensing with State and FDA agencies
- Small Scale Food Entrepreneurship: A Technical Guide for Food Ventures
- Better Process Control School: Necessary certification for Acidified and Low Acid Food manufacturers
- Presentations and workshops: Interested? Contact Shannon Prozeller
|Service||New York State Business||Non New York State Business|
|Client Registration||$30 one time fee||$55 one time fee|
|Laboratory Analysis Only||$25 per sample/per test||$38 per sample/per test|
|Analysis and Review Only||$40 per product||$75 per product|
|Scheduled Process||$85 per product||$150 per product|
|Scheduled Process version*||$40 per product||$75 per product|
|Scheduled Process for Meat||$135 per product||$220 per product|
|Scheduled Process Meat version*||$65 per product||$105 per product|
|Amendments||$40 per product||$75 per product|
|Vacuum Pack Letter/Hazard Analysis||$165 per product||$250 per product|
|Heat Penetration Study||$360 per product size||$600 per product size|
|Classification/Shelf Life Letter||$75 per product||$115 per product|
*Scheduled Process Versions are slight modifications to a formulation to create another product. Example: Mild Salsa and Hot Salsa
Our current turnaround time is about 4-6 weeks for processing. Expedited services are available for an additional fee upon request.