Skip to main content
Back to top
- Write a Business Plan. It will help you focus your business goals and determine if you need funding.
- Consider liability insurance. It is affordable and can protect personal assets in the event of a problem with your product.
- Determine a form for your business:
- sole proprietorship
- limited liability
- subchapter(s) corporation.
- Register your business with the state.
- Get assistance from business resources:
- state agricultural departments
- state extension organizations
- local economic development agencies.