Back to top

Kitchens & Supplies is a list of commercial kitchens and co-packers by state, as well as a starting point for the entrepreneur to find supplies (you will find the links in the left hand navigation).

If you would like your commercial kitchen or co-packing business to be included in this section please send all information to:

Cornell University does not endorse any of these companies, nor do we keep record of their fees. 

Know Your Local Food Processing Regulations

The Federal government, individual states, cities and municipalities govern the operation of food processing facilities whether home kitchens or commercial facilities.  Regulations differ from state to state and are determined by the type of food product being prepared and the processing methods used. 

Some types of foods may not be produced in a home kitchen, as mandated by Federal regulations.  These foods are considered potentially hazardous; low acid and acidified foods, meat products, and vacuum packaged and any other reduced oxygen packaged products.

Many states allow non-hazardous foods such as candy, cakes not requiring refrigeration, cookies, brownies, two-crusted fruit pies, breads and rolls, fruit jams and jellies, dried spices and herbs, and snack items to be produced in home kitchens.  It is the producer's responsibility to contact state regulatory agencies (State Department of Health and/or State Department of Agriculture and Markets) where the food is being produced for the rules governing home kitchen production.  You would also want to check with your local building inspectors to determine what operations can take place in the kitchen chosen for food production.

Important Message Regarding COVID-19

Updates regarding COVID-19
We are happy to announce that The Cornell Food Venture Center laboratory is RE-OPENING! CFVC will officially be accepting samples as of June 15th.

Cornell University is closely monitoring the ongoing coronavirus (COVID-19) outbreak and has been taking proactive measures to prevent the spread of the virus.   The physical office of the Cornell Food Venture Center has been closed since mid-March and our services have been limited; however, our team has been working from remote locations throughout this time to continuously address industry food safety needs.  The university has now approved a plan for the Food Venture Center to open on a restrictive basis starting June 15th.   To ensure the health and safety of our staff, colleagues and community we will only be on-site to perform lab analyses; all other work will continue to operate from remote locations until further notice.  Again, we will be accepting new samples for lab analysis, however all in-person meetings and workshops are postponed until further notice.

Please refer to the IFS Website for up-to-date information.

Please stay safe, and we will continue to support you to the best of our ability.