Sustainable Agriculture Research and Education Program
What they do:
- Works to increase knowledge about, and help farmers and ranchers adopt, practices that are economically viable, environmentally sound and socially responsible.
- Administers a competitive grants program.
- Regional administrative councils recommend projects to be funded after proposals go through technical peer review.
- Regional councils also provide policy direction and identify information needs for the SARE program.
- SARE's Sustainable Agriculture Network (SAN) provides electronic and print publications on topics ranging from small dairy farm concerns to organic farming with an emphasis on sustainable agriculture.
Northeast Region SARE:
Lists of links, news on SARE in the Northeast, link to a database of funded projects.
Northeast Regional Contacts:
Fred Magdoff, Coordinator
University of Vermont
Burlington, VT 05405-0082
Phone: (802) 656-0471/(802) 656-0554
Fax: (802) 656-4656